Thursday, 9 February 2012

Props and Pieces...

As I trawl through all of the gorgeous wedding blogs and websites around today, there is one thing that I can't help but notice. The beautiful details, and the unique props and pieces used in some photographs to tell a story.

Whether it be a vintage bicycle against a barn yard door, a basket of overflowing ripe apples or hand made fabric bunting... I have an obsession with it.

As a result, it seems I have now started a love affair with my local Lincraft store. Besides assisting them to double their profits this financial year, I am now able to able to design and create props to tell the stories that I want through my photographs.

Below are some examples that I wanted to share with you;




* A special mention to my crafty friend Karli, who will accept coffee and biscuits as a bribe to help me create props before an impending shoot :) *



While I can create the simple stuff (a la pinwheels + cute bunting), I call upon the experts for the real stuff. You know the bits and pieces that have taken months to source, restore and style. One of my favourite suppliers on the Tweed Coast is Little Gray Station. Judi sources everything herself, and every piece is unique and one of a kind. Check out a few pictures from a styled shoot we did together late last year.

Picnic setting styled and hired by Little Gray Station. Clothing by Scarlett's Wardrobe.

Outdoor setting and styling by Little Gray Station. Clothing by Scarlett's Wardrobe.

If it is vintage props and furniture that you are after like what Little Gray provides, you can't go past these other fantastic providers in our local area too;
Archer & Archer
Hummingbird Vintage Hire 

Worth a special mention...Another gorgeous hiring company is Pod & Pea, for all your Adelaidians out there! Although distance keeps us apart (2000kms to be exact!), I am fortunate enough to be shooting a styled Pod & Pea wedding in 2 weeks time when I fly to the culture rich capital of South Australia. Excited is an understatement! Photos will definitely follow.

And so my obsession with props, and boutique hiring and styling officially begins... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment