Friday, 3 February 2012

The first post...



You know when you get one of those ideas in your head? The one that you just can't shake no matter how much you try? You find yourself constantly daydreaming about the idea, and running through a thousand different scenarios until you can't sleep at night? Well, that is how figtree pictures was born. A tiny idea, coupled with a big passion, and lots of sleepless nights.

I am not going to sit here and tell you that I bought my first camera at the tender age of 2, and then photographed my first Royal wedding at the ripe age of 8. What I will tell you is that I have always been creative, and that I love people.

Despite no Royal weddings under my belt, I do remember when I was in primary school we had a class excursion to the Adelaide Zoo, and my mum entrusted me with the family camera. You know, one of those old wind on film cameras that you had to turn on and wait for the flash to 'warm up'. She told me to take 5 photos, and not one more, because the cost of developing the film was more expensive than my private school fees! By lunch time at the zoo I had used the entire film, and I think 23 of the 24 shots were taken on a seal that would conveniently dive under the water every time I clicked the big button. Twenty years on, all I can say is 'thaaannnk you digital!'.

In 2008 while planning my own wedding, I realised that I wanted to photograph weddings and people. What followed was a couple of years daydreaming and always looking out the car window to find that 'perfect photo spot'. It has been a steep learning curve for me, and I have already been able to work with some very talented suppliers and learn from some of the best wedding photographers in the industry.

I am so excited to bring you figtree pictures. A boutique service, that is not just about taking photos, but about the people who are getting their photos taken.

I will post a bunch of stuff in here as the days go on. I can't wait to share this with you all.

Kristy xo
























No comments:

Post a Comment